Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notice
If you believe that material available on Phusion's sites or products, including those hosted on Jumpstreet 23, infringes on your copyright(s), please notify us by providing a DMCA notice. Upon receipt of a valid and complete notice, we will remove the material and make a good faith attempt to contact the user who uploaded the material by email.
Please note that we are unable to process DMCA notices that refer to sites hosted on third party servers not operated by Phusion, Inc.
Jumpstreet 23 is a discovery platform where users often use copyrighted materials in commentary or journalism, or transform the materials into something original of their own. As such, before submitting a DMCA notice, it’s important to consider if the manner in which the material is used falls under fair use. If you are not sure whether material located on a Phusion site or product infringes your copyright, or if it is subject to fair use protections, you should first consider seeking legal advice.
Please be advised that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that material or activity is infringing. We may seek to collect those damages.
Your DMCA notice will be forwarded to the party that made the material available, and also may be sent to third parties such as ChillingEffects.org.
As required by the DMCA, we have a policy to terminate users and/or sites that we consider to be repeat infringers. Although we won’t share the specifics of our repeat infringer policy (we don’t want anyone to game the system, after all), we believe that it strikes the right balance of protecting the rights of copyright owners as well as protecting legitimate users from wrongful termination. Please note that notices that are successfully countered, rejected on fair use grounds, or deemed to be fraudulent are not counted against a user or account.
You can send your complaint to our designated agent (we prefer email: firstname.lastname@example.org):
317 S 6th St
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Attn: General Counsel
You must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- An identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the nature and exact location of the material that you claim to infringe your copyright, in sufficient detail to permit Phusion to find and positively identify that material. For example we require the user account that displays the post and a description of which specific portion of the post – an image, a link, the text, etc. your complaint refers to;
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.